by Alyx Diminio (Feb 23 2015)
One day on Facebook I saw a plea to help a sick pibble named Wesley. He had been poisoned by something, dumped at a high-kill shelter in Los Angeles, and was terribly sick. Some angel at the shelter called Bullies and Buddies Rescue to see if they would help him. Jen at Bullies and Buddies (B&B) rescued Wesley and was getting him the care he needed. He underwent numerous tests but they still couldn’t figure out the cause of his illness. Then he became so anemic that he needed a blood transfusion. They did not think he was going to pull through but he’s a miracle survivor.
The cost of his care was significant and B&B was asking for help. I had never donated to a sick animal before but really felt the need to help out with this one. At the time we still had our 16 year old Lab/Pit mix Coebie and was not looking for another dog. I kept following Wesley’s progress and in mid February 2013 we lost our beloved Coebie. By March I couldn’t take the empty house so I talked Pam into going to see Wesley. When I called B&B to let them know I was interested, I was told he was at a meet and greet with another family but to come see a great dog named Baloo. Unaware he was sick and not coming, we went to meet Baloo. Instead, Wesley was there! Believing that what is meant to be will be, I was so excited and the rest is history. We adopted Wesley at the end of March 2013.
Meet LARPBO Dogs & Peeps
These stories illustrates LARPBO’s part in keeping dogs home and out of shelters AND guiding owners to help dogs reach their potential. Please help us continue making a difference in the community. Click here to donate to our Shelter Intervention & Prevention Program so that we can continue our mission.
- Bodhi: Better than a Doodle!
- Cali: It’s All About Cali!
- Cathy & Isaac: A Note to LARPBO
- Dexter: There’s No Stopping Dexter
- Frannie: How Did this Happen?
- Grace: An Addict, a Pit Bull and Grace
- Hope: Where there is Hope
- Houston: From a Dog No One Wanted to Therapy Dog
- Jane, Moses & Andie: A Human-K9 Pack
- JJ: Capturing the Heart of a First Time Pit Bull Owner
- Lacy: What’s in a Name
- Lisa: LARPBO and My Journey
- Lynwood: The Chick Magnet
- Miles Woo: So You Think My Dog is Good?
- Ollie: LARPBO Dog Becomes Therapy Dog
- Rusty: Discarded “trash” to therapy dog
- Samson: Samson is Family
- Tito: LARPBO Speak!
- Wesley: Following Wesley